Save our historic Drummoyne Reservoir
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,500!
Last year the City of Canada Bay wrote to the NSW Government calling on them to unlock Drummoyne's Reservoir and Water Tower by dedicating it to Council to be used for public recreation and much needed open space.
Tragically, Sydney Water this week has announced that they intend to move forward with the sale of the iconic Inner Sydney landmark, located on Rawson Avenue Drummoyne.
This is a once in a lifetime opportunity to transfer this valuable site to our community, as once the site is sold it is lost to the public forever.
Drummoyne Reservoir is only reservoir with its tower surviving in Sydney and is listed both on the State Heritage Inventory and in the NSW State Heritage Register. It's been a part of the Drummoyne's history since 1913 and it is up to us to make it clear to this State Government that we don't want it sold off to the highest bidder.
The sale of the site on the open market could lead to a number of undesirable consequences. In the worst case scenario it could result in significant residential development.
I ask all residents, local businesses and visitors to our area to sign our petition calling for Premier Berejiklian to:
- Retain Drummoyne Reservoir and Tower as a public asset by bestowing it to the City of Canada Bay Council.
- Provide sufficient funding to restore and remediate the Drummoyne Reservoir and Tower, recognising Sydney Water's legacy obligation as an owner of the historic site.
- Support the City of Canada Bay Council’s proposal to:
- Develop a Conservation Management Plan for the adaptive reuse of the reservoir, and for the residue land to be used as a public park following handover,
- Repurpose the land for use as a public park following handover.
Today: Mayor Angelo is counting on you
Mayor Angelo Tsirekas needs your help with “Premier Gladys Berejiklian: Save our Drummoyne Reservoir”. Join Mayor Angelo and 1,005 supporters today.