Keep Christ the King EarlyON Centre Open
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The Region of Peel and DPCDSB are shutting down some Ontario Early Years Centres and ALL Parenting and Family Literacy Centres (PFLCs), including the Christ the King (CTK) location, as of June 2018.
The Region of Peel is looking for new sites and a third-party vendor to run the new program. However, a new site/program will not be available for September 2018. In addition, the Region of Peel has been unable to provide a timeline of when the new site/program will be available.
The decision to close down the CTK PFLC impacts numerous local families as the centre is a place for playing, sharing, learning, and growing for young children and their parents, grandparents, and caregivers. Although the Region of Peel has proposed 3 alternative sites, none of the proposed sites meet the needs of local families due to the following:
- Limited programming/small range of activities offered
- Limited number of days/hours open
- Location is not accessible by walking as distances are too far (a substantial number of families walk to the CTK centre)
- Proposed sites have low income restrictions
A petition has been started to either STOP CLOSURE OF THE CHRIST THE KING CENTRE OR PROVIDE A FACILITY THAT MEETS THE NEEDS OF THE FAMILIES IN THE COMMUNITY.
IF the CTK site cannot be kept open, then families want the following by September 2018:
- A centre situated within the same area as CTK
- Open 5x a week, 3-4 hours per day, in the morning
- Offers the basics (drop in play with a large variety of toys and activities, story time/circle time, outdoor activities)
PLEASE SIGN THIS PETITION AND HELP SAVE THIS AMAZING CENTRE.
"It takes a village to raise a child - don't take our village away."
Today: Concerned is counting on you
Concerned Families needs your help with “Politicians: Keep Christ the King EarlyON Centre Open”. Join Concerned and 350 supporters today.