Time, Tension and Traffic- Is this Balewadi Phata?
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
“Balewadi Phata” is a 3-way congested traffic triangle which is situated in front of ‘Salt Kitch N Bar’ (Restaurant), near ‘The Orchid School’.Pedestrians finds it hazardous even in the best of the times. Even the vehicles find it’s tricky to negotiate the different routes. The traffic signal causes a fair deal of confusion to the traffic approaching from the Baner - Balewadi side.
We spoke to some of the people who are frequent users of this chowk, here are some of their comments:
Mrs. Sapna Chaudhary: “The situation gets very bad in peak hours of the day.”
Dr. Ashish Deshmukh: “While turning left from Baner road the congestion is very hectic.”
Mr. Aniket Shah: “The situation is horrible in the morning.”
The first step towards improving anything is to identify the problems.
VEHICLES AND ROAD PROBLEMS:
- The Baner- Balewadi road has become constricted because of the road- side stalls and the parking lots provided for the 2- wheelers.
- This slows down the traffic-specially trucks and buses-considerably .
- Pedestrians crossing the chowk are vulnerable.
- There is not enough space on the divider to rest while crossing the road.
TRAFFIC LIGHT PROBLEMS:
- The traffic lights are in multiple locations, which makes it difficult for people to follow them.
A few solutions we came up with to try and improve the grave condition of this area include:
VEHICLE ORIENTED SOLUTION:
- The road- side stalls and the parking lots on the sides of the road should be removed.
- Parking can be moved to the underground parking area, available with the salt building. Alternatively, it may be relocated to the parking lot located a few metres ahead.
- This will provide enough space to build a divider, which would help the traffic flow.
PEDESTRIAN ORIENTED SOLUTION:
- There should be separate space in the middle of the road for the people to rest--- while crossing.
TRAFFIC LIGHT SUGGESTIONS:
- The traffic lights should have timers which will reduce accidents and save energy.
- All the traffic lights should be placed on a single pillar in the middle of the road which will help in reducing confusion.
Sign our petition to support and see a change in Balewadi Phata.
To know more about our petition feel free to contact us at:
Today: keshav is counting on you
keshav kansal needs your help with “Police Commissioner Rashmi Shukla: Time, Tension and traffic- Is this balewadi Phata?”. Join keshav and 4 supporters today.