APPEAL TO THE PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA-CONTROLLING EVER INCREASING AIR POLLUTION-DELHI/NCR.
This petition had 191 supporters
AN APPEAL TO HONOURABLE PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA,
Shri. NARENDRA MODI
Being a citizen of Delhi,I would like to bring the attention of Gvt agencies by loading a petition citing the following reasons.
Staying in Delhi/NCR is getting worse and difficult. ..The increased pollution and other factors are increasing the number of asthmatic / allergic patients.
Nowadays we are seeing current pollution status in Delhi/Ncr through various media...But till now we haven't seen any remedial action for the same from neither Gvt.part nor from concerned authorities.
I was forced to come out with this petition when I received a circular from my children school that keep your kids indoors...do not encourage them to go outside..... few NCR schools have shut down because of the smog prevailing in the atmosphere nowadays. My question is how long do we keep our kids inside?? Is this the solution?? When there is no fresh air outside how can there be fresh air inside the house.... can anyone be sure that the air we breathe inside is fresh??
If this is the condition then who knows in immediate future we will have to carry oxygen cylinders when we step out just like we carry water bottles now...
I would like to point out few facts which have triggered current situation in Delhi/NCR.
- Construction dust all over NCR without proper remedial action such as to cover with nets and proper watering.
- Heavy vehicles movement through Delhi.... (There is no proper bypass to stop such vehicles movement through Delhi from various highways....Gvt. agencies should take immediate initiative to build bypass road which connects all highways without touching Delhi and NCR)
- Strict ban on polluting vehicles in Delhi/NCR. ..(These vehicles cause maximum pollution )
- Control or ban on Burning of crop field after harvesting in Harayana /Punjab and UP.
- All these factors cause an air chamber and the current Diwali crackers provide as a catalyst to the same for the deadly situation which we are facing now.
- Moreover the upcoming marriage season will make things worse by adding to the grave situation in terms of noise pollution from high volume speakers and air polluting crackers which is unwanted and can be avoided.... It is a request to all citizens of Delhi/NCR to avoid the use of such speakers and crackers in their marriages. Govt agencies should take action in this regard.
We East Delhi residents are the worst victims due to Air pollution in Delhi than other areas....
I am a Resident of SFS Flats ,Mayur Vihar Phase-3, Delhi. We are facing difficulties due to some other elements too. Our area is located with Drainage treatment plant at one end and at the other end is the East Delhi garbage dumping and slaughter house. Both these not only increase air pollution but also spread foul smell in and around the area.
Everyone are aware of the latest casualties happened at GAZIPUR garbage Dumpyard,The capacity of the said Dumpyard was over around 17 years ago and the concerned authorities are still dumping the garbage at this site knowing the consequence.
Last month a part of garbage dumping fell down which resulted in few citizens death...Last week the dumping ground caught fire and the fumes are still continuing due to heavy formation of Methane gas.The burnt plastic is another health hazard.
We would like to express our strong recommendation towards the Gvt to act immediately to stop dumping of garbage at this site further which may cause a hazardous health problems to the citizens those staying in that area.
We the RWA bring to the attention of Gvt authorities to control the pollution by doing the following immediate steps.
Watering and sweeping of both sides of roads through machine at regular interval.
Other factor is dense plantation of Alstonia Scholaris — commonly called Blackboard tree or the Indian Devil tree — Saptaparni.. that are planted all over the Residential colonies/roads/parks etc. It should be replaced by trees that don't affect people's health. "If asthma/allergic patients stand near this tree for a longer time, they tend to develop breathing / allergic infections . During pollination time it is very difficult for those who have breathing or allergic problems to roam outside . The dry minute pollen spreads all over the atmosphere.
We ( whoever signing the petition is a part of this movement)hope the concerned authorities take some remedial action immediately to control pollution for the citizens pleasant stay. Otherwise we will be moving to a dangerous pathetic stage which will also decrease our age by minimum 10 years.
I request all those who are staying in DELHI/NCR to kindly support and sign this petition for this movement for creating a pleasant environment for our future generation as well as a pleasant stay.
Thanks for your support. Have a good day, Ladies and Gentlemen.
Vinod K Nair
Pocket D RWA sfs flats.
Today: Vinod K is counting on you
Vinod K Nair needs your help with “@PMOIndia: APPEAL TO THE PRIME MINISTER OF INDIA-CONTROLLING EVER INCREASING AIR POLLUTION-DELHI/NCR. & SHIFTING OF GAZIPUR GARBAGE DUMPY ARD.”. Join Vinod K and 190 supporters today.