#Free-Up-Hinjawadi Invest in Hinjawadi road infrastructure & Improve rush hour traffic
This petition had 5,632 supporters
Petitioners and Affected Parties
- School Children aged as low as 6 months and onwards
- Workers in the Hinjawadi IT Park
- Owners of the IT, Biotech, Manufacturing industries and local factories in Hinjawadi-MIDC Cluster
- Residents of the Hinjawadi, Maan, Marunji, Wakad, Pimpale Nilakh, Saudagar and nearby Pimpri Chinchwad & Pune
- Local Business nearby Hinjawadi
- Transporters & Drivers
- Patients and emergency vehicles
- Police and Traffic police personnel
CMO-Maharastra Government, PMO, Ministry of Urban Development, Transport Ministry - Govt. Of India, Local council, MIDC, PMRDA and PCMC
We the #FREE-UP-HINJAWADI movement undersigned petition to the CMO-Maharastra Government, PMO, Ministry of Urban Development, Transport Ministry - Govt. Of India, Local council, MIDC, PMRDA and PCMC
- To Invest in substantial improvements to the current road network in and around Hijawadi
- Provide better traffic management facilities and infrastructure for IT hub.
- Please re-visit the idea of a direct grade separated roads to Phase 1, Phase 2 and Phase 3
- Consider Subway, Underpass and small flyovers in major junctions in Hinjawadi, consider the separate service road for the local traffic
The commuters in Hinjawadi from this IT hub of Maharastra are completely fed up with the extremely fragile road network around the town and daily traffic snarls. The population has increased massively over the last few years, the business and industry had also grown rapidly. But the road network has not changed for current and future needs or demands. Traffic infrastructure can no longer cope with the volume of traffic.
Rush hour is always a nightmare, a minor incident on any of the main roads brings the entire town grinding to a halt.
We request that on topic of Transport For Hinjawadi Ph1, Ph2 and Ph3 authorities puts some serious investment into improving the current road network, public transport, and formulates a plan to manage traffic effectively whenever there is an incident on any of the roads into or out of the town. A distance of 2.3 km takes close to 40-55 minutes in rush hours, commuters have to spend 1.5 hours to 3 hours based on origin of travel.
This area is 2800+ acre industrial park second home or workplace for close to 7 lakh to 10 lakh workers, these workers daily travel to and from this area. Hinjawadi also embodies the local population close to 100,000 + and also establishment of well-known schools & institutes in the vicinity. The crumbling road network currently have only 2 major entry points 1. Wakad Junction to Ph1 and 2. Bhumkar Chawk to Ph1/Ph2. This bottleneck not only causing trouble to commuters but also compelling small businesses to run away from the area, this does not showcase as a good investment destination. Leaving bad impression with thousands of foreigners visiting the place daily basis.
The traffic snarls are affecting many lives daily, this includes
- A small kid have to inhale the polluted air for longer, same goes for the traffic cops, commuters and volunteers
- Mental and Physical stress to be born by each commuter
- Daily 1.2 Million precious productive hours lost daily, causing productivity drop for business owners resulting in business loss
- 30% to 65% excessive fuel consumption and environment damages
We would like to see the idea of a direct pass thru/grade separated road around Hinjawadi, kindly seriously looked into it once again.
Kindly consider having the following things implemented at soon as possible
- Grade separated road with direct pass-thru from Wakad junction to Phase 1, Phase 1 to Phase 2/3 (May be a part toll/epass way)
- Provide necessary subway, underpass or flyovers at punctures to avoid traffic jams
- Separate Service road for Local traffic
- Side-walkways, cycleways & Green cover
- Widening of Phase 3 to Nande Chande Road
- Widening of the Phase 3 to Maan gaon to Phase 1 road
- New connectivity from Balewadi to Phase1/Phase2
- Functioning public transport e.g. PMPML
- Effective, Better and non intruding Metro transport from Hinjawadi-Wakad-Pimpale Saudagar-Kasarwadi-Bhosari-Chakan (Connecting Manufacturing Hub with IT hub)
- Working Signals at all major junctions
- Remove unwarranted circles and/or speed-breakers
- Empower police to take action against unruly commuters
- More importantly removing all encroachments from the footpaths and walkways
- Provide ample parking spaces i.e Multi level parking at the Toll collection space Wakad Chawk etc.
- Create the Multi mass transit route spanning across all three phases i.e. Consider the time boxed unidirectional transport ways combined with the mass transport like Tram.
To achieve everything above we will need government authorities, the traffic police and all of us together need to help our city. Please do something before it is too late. Our generation and next generation is going to suffer if we don't wake-up and do our duty as we should!!
1. Cars 100,000 wasting 2 hours per day Equals to normal travel to 120 kms, Add vehicle average 12 km/liter 100000*10*72= Rs72 Lacs/day-Rs720/day
Rs.216 crores per annum.
2. Time Value and social cost of 5lacs employees
Rs50000/month=2000/day=250/hr. or Rs500/day
Rs 7500/- crores per annum
3. Buses/Trucks plying on road 5000 i.e. 5000*10*72=3.5 lacks /day
Rs 100 crores per annum
4. Two Wheelers = 2000000 potential saving 2000000*2*72=2.88 crores per day
Rs.90 crores per annum
Total Potential Saving per annum if smooth transport and transit is planned = Rs7906 crores per annum
Note: The cost of medical expenditure and mental stress and productivity loss is not factored in
For, Organizer & Convenor, #Free-Up-Hinjawadi Campaign
Today: #Free-up-Hinjawadi is counting on you
#Free-up-Hinjawadi needs your help with “PMO, CMO & Ministry of Urban Development #Free-Up-Hinjawadi invest in Hinjawadi road infrastructure & Improve rush hour traffic”. Join #Free-up-Hinjawadi and 5,631 supporters today.