Please Say Thank You to These Extraordinary Judges Who Stood Up for Animals
All too often, the suffering and torment animals endure in abuse cases is overlooked and not taken into consideration at the time of sentencing or sadly, it is not taken seriously enough to warrant even substantial jail time. Studies have proven that animal abusers are 5 times more likely to commit violent crimes and 4 times more likely to commit property crimes than those who do not have a history of animal abuse. In the 1970s the FBI recognized the link and found that the profile of serial killers most often includes a history of animal abuse often starting in childhood. For more information please visit Pet-Abuse.com: http://bit.ly/uH2qGq
We applaud the actions of the following Judges and would like to say “Thank You” to:
1) Honorable Judge Joseph K. Sheeran – Judge Sheeran sentenced Jeremy K. Haire to 8 years in prison for killing a 2 pound tiny Yorkshire Terrier puppy to death during a domestic violence attack. Judge Sheeran cited “This was a property crime, but (the report) doesn’t take into account that the property was a living thing — a puppy that was killed without reason,” This sentencing deviated from the recommended 19 -57 months for this charge. Haire was also sentenced to 66 months to 10 years for violating his probation for second-degree criminal sexual conduct.
2) Honorable Judge Charles Rogers - Judge Rogers sentenced Patrick Caleb Land to five years four months in prison for beating his girlfriend's three companion dogs to death. The necropsies of the victims indicated the dogs had been beaten to death after attempts to restrain and suffocate them failed.
3) Honorable Judge Joseph A. Costello - Circuit Judge Joseph A. Costello overturned First District's Judge Jack Vitale's decision to euthanize the surviving dogs seized in a dog fighting operation. The four pit bull terriers seized are safe from euthanization that was recommended by the prosecutors. The Buster Foundation Pit Bull Education and Rescue of Belleville and the Monroe Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals disagreed with the prosecutor's findings and launched an appeal. The dogs; Dusty, Monroe, Reilly, and Razzle were evaluated and were not found to be aggressive and were awarded to The Buster Foundation. Razzle, one of the four dogs was turned over to the rescue in August. He is now in training as a therapy dog.
4) Honorable Judge Michael Gary Judge Gary sentenced Angelo Monderoy to 2-to-6 years on the burglary, 1⅓-to-4 years on the arson and the maximum two years on the animal cruelty charge for the burning of a tabby cat known as “Tommy Two Times”. Monderoy stated he set “Tommy” on fire out of boredom.
Hand4Paws petition asking for Maximum Sentence for “Tommy Two Times” abuser:
5) Honorable Judge Thadd Blizzard Judge Blizzard sentenced Robert Edward De Shields to the maximum sentence of 10 years in prison for strangling and sexually assaulting an 8-month-old Chihuahua. De Shields is also required to register as a Sex Offender. A veterinarian determined that the dog had severe injuries to the rectum and internal organs from being raped. The Chihuahua named “Shadow” is in foster care and slowly recovering from her injuries.
This petition will be updated as more information becomes available but the intent will remain the same.
Today: Hand is counting on you
Hand 4Paws needs your help with “Please Say Thank You to These Extraordinary Judges Who Stood Up for Animals”. Join Hand and 1,702 supporters today.