- Heidi BarkerSenior Director, McDonald's Global External Communications - Media Relations
- Lisa McCombSenior Manager, McDonald's Global External Communications - Media Relations
- Danya ProudDirector, U.S. Communications, McDonald's U.S. Media Relations
- Ashlee YinglingManager, U.S. Communications, McDonald's U.S. Media Relations
- Lisa HowardSenior Director, McDonald's Global External Communications
- Jim SkinnerVice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's
- Don ThompsonPresident and Chief Operating Officer, McDonald's
Please make my Happy Meal happy and safe!
Until recently there have been no good ways to stop E. coli 0157:H7 contamination in ground beef. You couldn zap the meat with irradiation, inject the meet with ammonia or vaccinate every beef cow against E. coli 0157:H7. McDonald's recently said they are planning to stop using ammonia but have not said what they plan to use now. Beef producers no have a safe, economical, FDA approved product that comes from nature. Bacteriophages are safe to humans and the environment. They are tasteless, odorless, colorless. They don't change the color, texture or taste of food. Bacteriophages go after specific targeted bacteria, infecting and then killing them including the dreaded E. coli 0157:H7 that makes you sick!
- Senior Director, McDonald's Global External Communications - Media Relations
- Senior Manager, McDonald's Global External Communications - Media Relations
- Director, U.S. Communications, McDonald's U.S. Media Relations
- Manager, U.S. Communications, McDonald's U.S. Media Relations
- Senior Director, McDonald's Global External Communications
- Vice Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, McDonald's
- President and Chief Operating Officer, McDonald's
I just signed the following petition addressed to: McDonalds Corporation.
I LOVE McDonald's hamburgers! They are hot, juicy and delicious. It is always a great day when my mom says that we can have a McDonald's hamburger. But what I don’t love is eating a hamburger made with ground beef that has been treated with ammonia or irradiated! Yuck!!!
I know that the only reason you are doing these horrible things to my food is to keep me safe. E. coli 0157:H7 is a terrible bacteria that can make you very sick and it loves to live in ground beef. According to the Organic Consumer Association, 89% of all ground beef contains at least small levels of E. coli and in the right temperature conditions the rate can increase fast. Between 2009 – 2010 over a million pounds of ground beef where recalled because it was contaminated with E. coli 0157:H7. I know you don’t want your customers to get sick from E.coli but there is a better way to keep your beef safe: Bacteriophages!
Bacteriophages are the natural predators of bacteria. For every known bacteria, there is a bacteriophage that can destroy it. Bacteriophages can be found everywhere in nature and are harmless to humans. American scientists lost interest in bacteriophages many years ago but the world did not. Scientists are now working on developing bacteriophages to fight all kinds of bacterial infections. And the FDA has already approved bacteriophage products to kill E. coli contamination in ground beef.
Bacteriophages are odorless, tasteless, colorless and do not change the taste, texture or color of ground beef. They are certified organic, kosher, and halal. And they are cost effective!
So I am writing to ask you to please only buy ground beef from companies that use all-natural bacteriophages to kill E. coli 0157:H7 and make it a whole lot easier for me to convince my mom to buy me a McDonald's hamburger for dinner.
Leslie Hill Jenkins started this petition with a single signature, and now has 19 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.
Today: Leslie is counting on you
Leslie Hill Jenkins needs your help with “Please make my Happy Meal happy and safe!”. Join Leslie and 18 supporters today.