GREETHAM SAYS NO! TO ONE MILLION SQUARE FEET OF WAREHOUSING
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Greetham is a vibrant rural community located in the beautiful county of Rutland, contributing to tourism, with three camp sites, a golf course and hotel, various accommodation and two public houses nestled in the historic Viking Way, a popular route for hikers.
PLEASE sign this petition to support the restoration of the agreed nature reserve on the quarry site adjacent to the village and stop the proposal of ONE MILLION square feet of warehousing and houses.
- The land is nearly completely restored to an important natural grassland, is a green field site with a diverse range of wildlife.
- The road and one path through the village is narrow and unsuitable, two vehicles cannot pass.
- There is a safety risk with over 2150 additional HGV’s per 12 hours.
- Houses and buildings are adjacent to the road and have been damaged by HGV’s.
- Greetham is a conservation area with Grade 1 and 2 listed buildings.
- Houses and buildings are already being eroded.
- Noise, air and light pollution will be detrimental to health and well-being.
- Campaign to Protect Rural England objects to this application.
Rutland is a tourist area with many local people and businesses supporting this industry. Additional details of the petition are attached via this link.
PLEASE register your objections directly via the links below.
One million square feet of warehousing application 2021/0171/MAO
30 residential dwellings application 2021/0170/MAO
Today: Alex is counting on you
Alex cowie needs your help with “Planning Department Rutland County Council: Prevent unwanted commercial development in rural village”. Join Alex and 287 supporters today.