Make Mumbai Local Railway Safe & Passenger Friendly
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Today, on 29th September, we saw an unfortunate tragedy at Elphinstone Rode station in Mumbai. The government has setup a special enquiry and findings will come.
However, we need some simple steps to start with which will certainly ensure the safety of millions of people travelling by #MumbaiLocal.
What we want:
1. A round the clock maintenance team with 100% accountability, criminal punishment and performance based payment.
2. They will have to take care of Open Wires over the platform and tracks, broken steps on the platform and bridge, cracked roofs and pipes on the platforms and bridge.
3. Strictly no hawkers on the railway bridge.
4. Expand the width of narrow bridges on Railway Stations with anti-slippery flooring.
5. Improvement in announcement system with real time information & delays of local trains.
6. Vigilant Disaster Management Team at each station with sufficient resources and authority with direct approach to responsible Minister.
7. Senior Citizen/Wheelchair/Child/Pregnant Women friendly facility, flooring on bridge and stairs.
8. CCTV camera on each and every bridge and stair case.
9. Strict penalty for people littering, spitting and throwing garbage on bridges, stairs and platforms.
I request Shri Piyush Goyalji to consider the above request and take firm and accountable steps to make travel safe and secure.
Today: Dharmesh is counting on you
Dharmesh Doshi needs your help with “Piyush Goyal - Minister of Railways and Coal: Make Mumbai Local Railway Safe & Passenger Friendly”. Join Dharmesh and 337 supporters today.