Kerala Government Provide Civic Addressing scheme
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Only 5% of the properties(houses/buildings) in the state of Kerala have an assigned property address such as street number, street/road name, city. Thousands of roads/streets have no names. And many properties with a street name do not have a street number assigned.
In the absence of a common civic addressing the following are the issues faced by citizens.
- In times of crisis, people in the state have no easy way to communicate their location.
- Visitors and travelers have no clear direction on how to reach a particular place.
- GIS/GPS Mapping applications are not friendly with people exposed to convoluted latitude/longitude positioning.
Implementing a civic addressing will
- Help people communicate their position
- Allow GIS/GPS based applications to quickly find a position on the map by street address.
- Increase tourism and transparency of travel throughout the state.
This current situation is pathetic for a state that is credited with the highest literacy rate and we request the best minds/talents be brought to bring Kerala civic addressing on par with rest of the world.
Today: Kurien is counting on you
Kurien Joseph needs your help with “Pinarayi : Kerala Government Provide Civic Addressing scheme”. Join Kurien and 50 supporters today.