Stop the proposed housing development on Colvin Mountain on the west side of Millwood Dr., between Avenue 360 & Avenue 352.
This petition made change with 279 supporters!
This subdivision is a very bad idea that will cause many issues for not only Elderwood, but Woodlake too. Here are some of the main concerns we have:
1. A number of protected wildlife will be affected because natural habitats for these species will be destroyed.
2. Cottonwood Creek will be contaminated due to run-off from numerous septic systems built on tungsten and as well as rainwater that is diverted from just as many rooftops.
3. The local population is dealing with (has been for years) a diminishing underground water supply. Many have begun to draw sand and are having to redrill their wells. Drawing additional water for the number of proposed homes will create further issues with water supply.
4. Increased traffic on sections of County maintained Millwood Dr that are already in extremely poor conditions will mean heavier traffic. Because of limited law enforcement in the area, this will lead to more speeders and more catastrophic accidents.
5. Increased traffic on Avenue 352 (Cajon Ave), which is extremely narrow and in worse condition than Millwood Dr. will also be conducive to an increase in catastrophic accidents. This road will essentially be the mode of travel to and from the local community of Woodlake.
6. There will also be an increased need for fire and emergency services that would potentially require resources to be pulled from the City of Woodlake. (This community is already struggling with financial issues related to this)
7. There will be an increased potential for crime in the area. Local residents (both in and out of the City of Woodlake) have been recently hit with an increase of break-ins, thefts, and home invasions.)
Today: Citizens Against Elderwood Heights Subdivision is counting on you
Citizens Against Elderwood Heights Subdivision needs your help with “Phillip Cox: Stop the proposed housing development on Colvin Mountain on the west side of Millwood Dr., between Avenue 360 & Avenue 352.”. Join Citizens Against Elderwood Heights Subdivision and 278 supporters today.