Prevent PG&E Substation on the Santa Clara Valley Wine Country Route
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The Day Road Neighborhood Alliance (DRNA) is an unincorporated association of neighbors who live along or near Day Road in the unincorporated part of Santa Clara County. We are working together with the wineries, most notably Kirigin Cellars and Aver Family Vineyards, on Watsonville Road in Gilroy, CA to stop the erroneous placement of a PG&E Substation on the wine valley route.
There are several other sites that they are proposing as well. We want to make sure Day Road is struck from this roster of possibilities!
Please sign to keep this natural habitat and environment peaceful for those who greatly enjoy its beauty, whether out for a wine-tasting tour, cycling or simply out for a scenic drive.
Below are some of the justifications noted in our letter to PG&E:
1. Recent power outage analyses done by local wineries and the County Fire Marshall's Office show that the power outages are so minimal that there is no need for the substation to serve the local rural populations, including our local wineries. In fact our rural areas will be better served by solar power in combination with battery storage technology (pioneered by PG&E's looming competitor companies such as Tesla) that should reduce and not increase reliance of our neighborhood on PG&E's electricity and transmission network.
2. Day Road is the home of numerous scenic vineyards, and small wineries such as the iconic 100-year old, Kirigin Cellars.
3. Day Road along with Watsonville Road is certainly the most scenic and tranquil part of our County's Wine Trail.
4. Day Road is a bicycle corridor.
5. Day Road hosts homes that have extensive rural acreages, and whose owners have invested their savings and lives to seek to maintain and enhance the rural character of our neighborhood.
6. Your proposal to build the PG&E Electric Power Substation at the Day Road Location abridges numerous state and local County land-use planning policies and regulations, as well as CEQA including its endangered species and archeological protections.
Today: Day Road Neighborhood Alliance is counting on you
Day Road Neighborhood Alliance needs your help with “PG&E: Prevent PG&E Substation on the Santa Clara Wine Country Route”. Join Day Road Neighborhood Alliance and 252 supporters today.