Over The Top 4 Tring
This petition made change with 1,662 supporters!
Residents and appreciators of historic market town, Tring, are concerned about a proposed development in the middle of town, which will knock down the current Shell garage and Market Autos in place of a 4-storey block of luxury flats for the over-55s.
The concerns are as follows:
- The only petrol station in town will be removed for this development. Residents will have to travel to neighbouring towns to fill up their cars
- The proposed 4-storey development is out of character with the surrounding low-level buildings
- The development does not provide low-cost housing for a younger population, hence will not help attract and retain younger people wanting to live and work in the town
- The development will sit on the corner of Mortimer Hill and Brook Street: a busy junction in an already congested area - especially around school hours- and many think proposed parking plans are far from adequate
- For local residents especially, views of the picturesque church will be blocked and gardens will become overlooked
Today: Over The Top 4 Tring is counting on you
Over The Top 4 Tring needs your help with “Petition voicing objections to redevelopment of Shell Garage and Market Autos site in Tring”. Join Over The Top 4 Tring and 1,661 supporters today.