Petition to Willoughby Council re Objection to Proposed DA-2017/157
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
We the undersigned, immediately adjacent residents to the new office tower proposed in DA-2017/157, request the relevant authority being Sydney North Planning Panel (SNPP) to refuse this aggressive, nonconforming and intruding proposal on the following grounds:
1. Inadequate building separation to both Metro complex and Sebel building. The Apartment Design Guide implemented through SEPP65 (State Environmental Planning Policy No 65 – Design Quality of Residential Apartment Development) requires a minimum 24 meters separation between habitable rooms/balconies between buildings over 9 storeys (over 25meters) in height and also identifies office windows and balconies in commercial buildings as habitable space. The proposed office tower allows only 17 meters to the Metro towers and 12 meters to Sebel building which are 30% and 50% short compare to the minimum 24 meters requirement respectively.
2. Significant adverse impact on the privacy and direct overlooking issues to the occupants in surrounding residential towers. The inadequate of building separation makes the situation worse.
3. Worsen Overshadowing conditions to the Garden of Remembrance. Willoughby Council’s Development Control Plan (WDCP 2006) and Local Environment P(WLEP2012) both specifically prohibits the erection of any new buildings that could cause additional overshadowing to the Garden of Remembrance.
4. The impediment and obstruction of the existing fire egress routes for surrounding buildings including Metro complex, Sebel building and Mandarin centre.
5. Worsen traffic conditions for Orchard Rd which is already suffering from busy commercial loading activities and frequent kiss-and-ride vehicle movements next to Chatswood Interchange.
6. Loss of local amenity and open space
7. The proposed FSR (plus existing building) exceeds the maximum FSR specified in WLEP2012 being 2,400sqm more than what could be allowed. Considering the numerous non-compliance to various planning controls stated above, it is highly inappropriate to permit such variation.
Apart from the violation to the relevant planning controls stated above, we also urge Willoughby council and Sydney North Planning Panel to consider the adverse and irretrievable impacts to the environmental, social and economic aspects of the local community and surrounding residents. We also urge Willoughby council and SNPP to hold public brief meetings and site visits to further understand the concerns from local communities before making any decision at the panel determination meeting.
Today: Martin is counting on you
Martin H needs your help with “Petition to Willoughby Council re Objection to Proposed DA-2017/157”. Join Martin and 154 supporters today.