Petition to name Mira Mesa Rec. gym after lifetime volunteer youth coach John N. La Chica
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Our community needs caring volunteers more than ever. John N. La Chica left behind an unparalled legacy of volunteerism and community contribution that led the San Diego City Council in 2016 to name November 19 "John N. La Chica Day." Naming this important community landmark after John N. La Chica will serve not only to remember a tireless volunteer, but will instill in others the lasting value of community service.
Some of John N. La Chica's accomplishments & recognitions:
- 47 years of volunteerism in the youth sports community
- University City Little League Lifetime Achievement Award
- San Diego Volunteer of the Year Recipient
- Formally recognized by NFL and MLB for his volunteerism at youth sports clinics across the country
- Formally recognized by MCRD for work with military families in San Diego
- Coached first girl allowed to play San Diego Little League Baseball
- Posthumously recognized by the Kansas City, MO Reviving Inner-City Baseball program
Thank you for your consideration and for signing this petition.
The John N. La Chica Family
Today: The LaChica is counting on you
The LaChica Family needs your help with “Petition to name Mira Mesa Rec. gym after lifetime volunteer youth coach John N. La Chica”. Join The LaChica and 731 supporters today.