Connect MacLeod's Landing to the Oak Ridges Moraine Trail
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Dear MacLeod's Landing neighbours,
Thanks for supporting our petition to the Town of Richmond Hill to build a trail that will connect our neighbourhood to the Oak Ridges Trail network (as shown by the green line above).
Since launching this campaign in the spring of 2016, we have collected nearly 500 resident signatures, including over 60 personal comments. In response to this overwhelming support, the Town and TRCA are now onside to move forward with our proposal.
For more information about this project, please visit https://yoursay.ca/trail-planning-oak-ridges where you can provide your feedback and ideas directly to the TRCA, as well as stay updated on the progress of the project.
MacLeod's Landing resident
Seven reasons to sign this petition
1. The planned extension to MacLeod Estate Court will be of no additional benefit to the community, since we can easily access this street already by road if we want to.
2. Connecting the trail to MacLeod Estate Court will be unsafe for pedestrians since this street has no sidewalk. Users of the trail would need to walk down the middle of the road until they reached the safety of the Lake Forest Drive sidewalk at the south end.
3. Our subdivision is currently the only community in the entire area surrounding the trail network--between King Road, Bathurst, Jefferson and Yonge--with no direct access.
4. Currently, in order to access the trail system, residents must walk 0.75 - 1km up the shoulder of busy Yonge Street, or along busy Jefferson Sideroad towards Bathurst. The Yonge Street access route is particularly unsafe, with no sidewalk and only a shoulder to walk on, where cars, trucks and buses travel over 60km/hr only a few feet away.
5. MacLeod's Landing Public School and the adjacent Daycare Centre would benefit from direct and safe access to the Oak Ridges Trail system for outdoor excursions, running clubs, etc.
6. The community would benefit greatly from the creation of a safe way for our children, pets and families to access to the Oak Ridges Trail by foot or bike.
7. Direct access to the Oak Ridges Trail would almost certainly increase the property values in our area.
Today: Elaine is counting on you
Elaine Pratt needs your help with “Petition to connect MacLeod's Landing to the Oak Ridges Moraine Trail”. Join Elaine and 405 supporters today.