We urge the City of Louisville to purchase the First Baptist Church property, or at least the undeveloped portion of it, for permanent protection as open space or as an extension of Cottonwood Park.
This petition made change with 355 supporters!
1. In city-wide surveys, Louisville residents consistently say that we want to maintain the city’s small town character, expand the City’s open space and parks, and limit population density;
2. Cottonwood Park is a highly valued and much-used treasure in a high-density area of the City;
3. For more than 40 years, the undeveloped open field on the eastern border of Cottonwood Park has served as de facto open space. This field which also borders the lovely tree-lined Goodhue Ditch has ecological, aesthetic, and social value for the City. Boulder County Audubon Society recommends its permanent protection.
4. Development of this property would threaten the safety of children in Cottonwood Park. It would create emergency access problems and traffic hazards on South Boulder Road. It would be incompatible with the character of the surrounding 40-year-old neighborhood and decrease property values and quality of life for the neighborhood’s property owners.
5. Citizens of Louisville voted to tax ourselves for the specific purpose of purchasing properties like this one.
Today: Keep Cottonwood Green is counting on you
Keep Cottonwood Green needs your help with “Petition to ask the City of Louisville to purchase the First Baptist Church property as open space or park land”. Join Keep Cottonwood Green and 354 supporters today.