Provide the Redhill Route with the railway service it deserves in the 2018 Timetable
This petition had 2,493 supporters
The 2018 Timetable consultation gave GTR and the Department of Transport the opportunity to deliver on the promises made to the Redhill Route. However what's been proposed in the 2018 Timetable is yet another blow after they have been diminished Year after Year and it's time it’s stopped.
The GTR 2018 timetable proposals have not improved services to the Redhill as it is dropping useful destinations and increasing journey times.
Redhill line was promised by GTR's Passenger Services Director in November 2014 that the cuts in services that had been happening from September 2012 would be rewarded by a significantly better service in 2018. This is proven to be a lie.
Cuts to Trains to South West London
- The 21-minute service to Clapham Junction & 28-minute service to Victoria has been removed.
- The replacement will now take 38 minutes to Victoria adding 20 minutes to the overall return travelling time.
- In 2012, services were moved from London Bridge to Victoria to allow for the London Bridge rebuild to take place. This has meant that there have been more peak services to Victoria and Redhill and commuters have moved their journeys to be based around Victoria – the 2018 timetable take out the fast peak services to Victoria and cuts the number of trains by half.
- Commuters to Victoria have had both the number of services cut and journey times increased by 35% - a double blow.
Cuts to Trains to London Bridge
- The London Bridge service was 4 evenly spaced turn up and go trains per hour in 2012 and will be 4 trains per hour in 2018 but badly timed without turn up and go timings so effectively cutting this service too.
Cuts to Trains to the South
- When the 2018 timetable comes into effect, there will be no direct services to the south coast calling at Redhill.
Impact within the Redhill area
- Passengers from Reigate Earlswood and Salfords have also suffered from increased journey times to Victoria and need their peak services restored to the existing times.
What we want
We call on GTR in their 2018 Timetable to restore fast Journey times (28 minutes) to Victoria from Redhill both in Peak times and off-peak and to restore the number of morning peak trains to Victoria.
Today: Redhill and Reigate District Rail Users Association is counting on you
Redhill and Reigate District Rail Users Association needs your help with “Petition: Provide the Redhill Route with the railway service it deserves”. Join Redhill and Reigate District Rail Users Association and 2,492 supporters today.