Petition against the Placement of Kenneth Cairns in the City of Beloit
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
We, the citizens of the city of Beloit, vehemently oppose the placement of Kenneth Cairns at 2219 Euclid Avenue, Beloit, WI 53511.
We oppose his placement in our city for the following reasons:
· We do not believe Douglas County and the Wisconsin Department of Health Services (DHS) has done enough to find Cairns suitable housing in his home county
· Douglas County is almost six hours and nearly 400 miles from the city of Beloit, and Cairns has no connection to the City of Beloit
· The City of Beloit’s zoning code prohibits this placement in a single-family zoning district
· Cairns has a long history of sexual crimes against boys ages 9 to 13
· A home located directly next door to 2219 Euclid Avenue is home to a 15-year-old female and 9-year-old male
· Steven Schuelke, another sex offender, is already located at 2219 Euclid Avenue
· Assembly Bill 539, which has passed, and Senate Bill 446, which is up for vote, would require sexually violent persons, such as Cairns, to be released in the counties where they are originally residents.
We request that Douglas County Judge Kelly Thimm and the DHS relocate Cairns in his home county.
Today: Sarah is counting on you
Sarah Millard needs your help with “Petition against the Placement of Kenneth Cairns in the City of Beloit”. Join Sarah and 2,287 supporters today.