Help Reform Our Sri Lankan Parliamentarians To Be Accountable To The Voter !
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Online petition applicable to us in Sri Lanka, similar to what is currently being done by our neighbor Indian people.
Dear Citizens & Patriots of Sri Lanka.
Please read below the concerns most of us have and if you do agree with its contents, please pass this important message to your friends & neighbors and in turn ask each of them to do likewise.
In a few days, most people in Sri Lanka & elsewhere will have this message.
Every citizen in Sri Lanka should raise a voice & be heard.
Fight to Reform our parliamentarians & the democratic institutions that has failed our people since independence in 1948 due to treacherous, racist & selfish motives of few politicians who have governed this country up to date
01. Parliamentarians should NOT get Pension since it is Not employment but Election under People's Representation act, it has no retirement with bar on re-employment but they can get re-elected to same position again, etc. (Currently, they get pension after 5 years of service)
02. Parliamentarians pay should be revised with Central Pay Commission. (Currently, they increase/raise their salary & other perks arbitrarily by voting for themselves.
03. Parliamentarians should lose their current health care system and participate in the same health care system as the ordinary people of our motherland.
04. All concession like duty free vehicle permits, free travel, ration, electricity, water, phone bill should be abolished. (They not only get these concessions but they also regularly increase it - Boldly and Shamelessly)
05. Parliamentarians with tainted records, criminal charges & convictions, past or present should be summarily banned from the parliament and CONTESTING election on any pretext or the other. Financial Losses incurred due to politicians in office, must be recovered from their families', nominees’, properties.
06. All regional, religion or ethnic based political parties should be abolished, instead they be encouraged to join hands with major national political parties on a mutually agreed political objectives & respect to each other’s grievances
07. Parliamentarians should equally abide by all laws they impose on the Sri Lankan people.
08. Removal subsidies whatsoever, including subsidized food in Parliament canteen.
09. Retirement age should be 70 for politicians too. * Serving in Parliament is an honor, not a lucrative career for looting *
Don't you think it's time to raise these issues?
If you agree with the above, pass it on. Please keep it going, thanks !
Today: Mohan is counting on you
Mohan Mendis needs your help with “People of Sri Lanka: Help Reform Our Sri Lankan Parliamentarians To Be Accountable To The Voter !”. Join Mohan and 229 supporters today.