Expansion of Conditions
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
Expansion of Conditions Petition
Presented by Pennsylvania Cannabis Connection
Do you know anyone who suffers from an anxiety or depression disorder? How about migraines that are so severe that they cannot perform their daily functions?
Do you wish that they could find some sort of relief? What would you do if I told you that relief is out there? That relief is found through Cannabis. Cannabis is medicine.
The Pennsylvania medical marijuana program enacted by Act 16 currently acknowledges 17 serious medical conditions. A “serious medical condition as defined by Act 16 is any of the following:
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis.
- Crohn’s Disease.
- Damage to the nervous tissue of the spinal cord with objective neurological indication of intractable spasticity.
- HIV (Human Immunodeficiency Virus) / AIDS (Acquired Immune Deficiency Syndrome).
- Huntington’s Disease.
- Inflammatory Bowel Disease.
- Intractable Seizures.
- Multiple Sclerosis.
- Parkinson’s Disease.
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder.
- Sickle Cell Anemia.
- Severe chronic or intractable pain of neuropathic origin or severe chronic or intractable pain in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective.
Although this is a great start for the people of Pennsylvania, we must expand the list of conditions to provide relief for a wider demographic of patients.
Goal of this petition:
- Expand the list of the conditions to include anxiety disorders, depression disorders, insomnia, and the phrase “any existing severe medical condition that is deemed chronic, debilitating or in which conventional therapeutic intervention and opiate therapy is contraindicated or ineffective”.
If the state has made the decision to allow a medical marijuana program that program should not in any way limit the number of people who can participate by limiting the conditions to the previous list of “serious medical conditions”. Certified physicians should have the authority to deem what is a serious medical condition and if that patient could benefit from medical cannabis.
Today: Pennsylvania Cannabis Connection is counting on you
Pennsylvania Cannabis Connection needs your help with “People of Pennsylvania: Expansion of Conditions”. Join Pennsylvania Cannabis Connection and 377 supporters today.