Stop RAMP work inside the Empire Estate and SAVE residents life
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
Back in 2008, the PCMC had announced the construction of the longest flyover connecting AutoCluster at Chinchwad to Kalewadi on the other side of the River Pavana. PCMC had availed a loan of Rs 100 crore from World Bank to construct the flyover at Empire Estate. The work of the 1.9-km long bridge began in 2010, and was suppose to be completed in 30 months as per plan. Bridge work started at the same time as that of the double-decked flyover at Nashik Phata. However, while the Nashik Phata is operational for more than two years and the work of the Empire Estate flyover still continues…
During receiving an approval from world bank, PCMC officials received a consent from society members only for bridge with provision of NOISE barricades in the society premises and NOT for RAMP inside the society. Further, in subsequent meetings with PCMC commissioner, it was discussed and agreed that there will not be any RAMP work planned.
Empire Estate is a PCMC’s first big township established in 2005 with residential & commercial complex, located in the center & heart of city. Spreaded across 57+ acres and with 8,000+ residents staying in 1500+ residential flats/bungalows/row houses and 150+ commercial shops. Site is located at walkable distance from two commercial malls (Premier mall & CityOne mall) and Pimpri market.
Now, flyover work is in verge of finishing mode so PCMC officials started RAMP work for which residents have opposed time to time. During last governing body of PCMC, they confirmed to residents that, RAMP has been cancelled and no work will be into society premises however residents feels cheated on this topic.
We foresee, following concerns to Empire Estate residents if RAMP comes into picture:
1. Foreseeing huge traffic jam at entry and exit of society premises.
2. There will be very much disturbance for whole society due to RAMP.
3. Empire Estate residents will face parking issue.
4. Under the bridge, an area is for kids, elders and society members for their recreational purposes. Building a ramp here will not only restrict recreational area but it will also increase noise pollution and air pollution.
5. It will increase the probability of accidents because of the increased traffic within the area.
6. The society will not have privacy. It will be very much difficult for children and elders to commute within the society.
7. When there is an emergency due to medical reasons then going out the premises will be a tough task and there might be a loss to an individual.
8. If there is fire emergency into premises, then there will be a rare chance a fire brigade combat vehicles can enter to destination !
9. 1500 residents are staying wherein they and their families goes and comes into premises and there will be lot of inconvenience to all.
10. During buying property here at Empire Estate, NO ONE said that this will become a nuisance in future. Peoples of Empire purchased properties for crores…
11. With respect earlier approved plan, there are multiple entry and exits into society and which will result lot of inconvenience to residents while going and coming to their houses.
12. There is a CBSE school into Society, at the end of road. Traffic jam will frustrate “future of India (kids)” while going and coming to school
13. Road converging from flyover to Highway will result a high traffic jam at each signal of Chinchwad and Finolex chowk. Converging the traffic flow comming from the fly over to Mumbai Pune highway will create more traffic jams. Subsequently Empire estate will be accident prone zone.
14. Moving the traffic flow beyond Highway will reduce traffic density as traffic flow will have many options take many directions as there are many interconnecting roads.
15. Controlling NO-PARKING on society internal roads is practically impossible. At this moment, lot of irregular parking habitat at Ranka Jewelrys and JaiHind/Vijay Sales. So in view of present system which is not capable to do handle a situation then how come it will take care in future inside the Empire Estate???
1. RAMP can be shifted in front of auto cluster or in parallel to Old-Mumbai Highway, the way it has been done at Nashik Phata.
Cancel RAMP and save civilians money !!!
So, we all residents of Empire Estate urge to concern authority of PCMC to stop RAMP work at Empire Estate and relieve from such forceful RAMP from PCMC !!!
Today: Ram is counting on you
Ram Khedkar needs your help with “PCMC Commissioner: Plz Stop RAMP work at Empire Estate, Chinchwad”. Join Ram and 605 supporters today.