Oppose the rezoning of the property owned and formerly occupied by Ellis Astin Grading located on Highway 61 to “I-2 Heavy Industrial” and unconditionally deny this rezoning request.
This petition made change with 310 supporters!
The pending rezoning request for the property owned and formerly occupied by Ellis Astin Grading on Highway 61 (3/10 mile from its intersection with Georgian Parkway) would change the current zoning status from B-1 Highway Business, to I-2 Heavy Industrial.
Introduction of Heavy Industrial businesses in this area would negatively impact established and future residential developments, as well as, the finances, health and quality of life of hundreds of families in this area now and in the future.
- Negative impact on existing home values
- Negative impact on new construction in the area
- The location is within one mile of subdivisions with over 300 homes
- Decline in current home values will lead to a loss of county revenue
- Noise and noxious odors
- Environmental concerns
- Increased truck traffic on heavily traveled state highway
- Highway 61 is in a protected corridor and heavy industry is not one of the types of businesses listed to be approved
- Approval would be a first for the county and set a precedent opening the way for industrialization of the area immediately adjacent to our homes
Today: Rick is counting on you
Rick O'Neal needs your help with “Paulding County Planning Division: Oppose the rezoning of the property owned and formerly occupied by Ellis Astin Grading located on Highway 61 to “I-2 Heavy Industrial” and unconditionally deny this rezoning request.”. Join Rick and 309 supporters today.