Make Congress Great Again
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
The great American legislative bodies, The Senate and the House of Representatives, have become disconnected from the lives of the people they were elected to represent.
Those august legislators have been inundated with money, hectored by special interests, and forced to pledge loyalty to their party above the interests of the American people. Decisions are made behind closed doors.
They have access to health care, retirement plans, extended vacations, and perquisites that the average American cannot even hope to have.
These factors have created a body of politicians who have little or no understanding of how people in the great 50 states of America live, work, or survive. Their very jobs have distorted their view of these United States of America.
To remediate this disconnect, and allow Congress to go about the people's business, I propose the following:
1. Congressional salaries shall not exceed twice the average national income.
2. These salaries will be their only source of income.
3. Congress persons must obtain health insurance on the open and free market.
4. Congressional vacations must not exceed 2 weeks a year.
5. Days not worked will be deducted on a pro-rated basis.
6. Time spent raising money for campaigns will be deducted from their base salary.
7. Any donations to any Congressional campaign will be part of the public record. The donations will be published newspapers in the Congress person's district.
8. Congress persons may not retire with any monies raised during the execution of their duties. Any residual funds will revert to the general treasury. They may choose to deposit part of their salary in a basic 401k.
9. The only publicly funded travel will be for the purpose of returning to their election districts.
10. Congress persons can have no other source of income except their congressional salary.
11. Congress will conduct all meetings in public, with the only exception being national security.
12. All discussions, documents, and meetings, with the exception of national security, will be available to the public.
13. No elected official may use information gathered in the course of their public duties to enrich themselves or any member of their family.
14. Any law passed by Congress MUST apply to Congress itself as well as the American people. There will be no exceptions.
By implementing these changes, Congress will better understand what it is to be a True American. Consequently, the laws and actions of Congress will better reflect the will of those constituents that elected them.
Today: Hollis is counting on you
Hollis Hoff needs your help with “Paul Ryan: Make Congress Great Again”. Join Hollis and 31 supporters today.