Completion of Neotown Smondo 3.0
This petition had 317 supporters
This is in continuation of the email on 7th Oct 2017 addressed to Mr. Ravi Kumar; with CC to Mr. Neel Patel, Mr. Amol Warke, Mr. Sandeep Shetty, Mr. Kishan Daga, Mr. Satwinder Singh, Ms. Romana Parvi, Mr. Aditya (CRM) and firstname.lastname@example.org, with subject line “[Urgent] Sorry State of affairs in Smondo 3 - Need Urgent intervention of Patel Engineering Senior Management”
We, the owners of Smondo 3; an integral part of Neotown township, Electronic City, Bangalore, who undersigned have invested our life savings with great trust in Neotown township. Unfortunately, current state of affairs in Smondo 3 and Neotown is far from what had been promised to us. Under the circumstance, it is with a deep sense of anxiety that we address this correspondence to you to have our grievances addressed.
We were promised completion of the project by Sep 2013. It has passed the 4-year mark and we still struggle with the absence of basic amenities and poor-quality standards.
Some major issues are mentioned below:
- Second lift is not operational in E Tower (with 14 storeys). The existing primary lift breaks down every alternate day causing a major inconvenience to residents. Water clogging due to poor water proofing in the lift pits in all towers has been noticed which may lead to electrocution. Senior citizens and patients are facing trouble in reaching ground floor. In the due event of any emergency, Patel Engineering would be held responsible for act of negligence despite repeated escalations.
- BESCOM has issued a power disconnection notice (dated 15 July 2017) due to the Substation incompletion. As per the notice, the substation needs to be completed in two months defaulting which the power to Neotown will be disconnected. Shops sold in Smondo 3 do not have proper BESCOM connection and meters.
- Severe structural damage in Podium due to seepage issue in multiple points including swimming pool, which is still not addressed despite multiple meetings. Compound Wall and other structural damages have also been noticed.
- Fire hose pipes have not been provided. We already had fire incident in E-Tower in August 2015.
- Civil and painting work are still incomplete in common areas and in each Tower. Poor quality of internal roads leads to water clogging in many places inside the premise.
- The occupancy certificate has not yet been established. Details of property tax payment and E-Khata is still pending.
As mentioned above, there are innumerable shortcomings in the quality of deliverables. As apartment owners, we are highly agitated by the failure to acknowledge our legitimate needs and actions taken. Such failures lead to your defamation in market and may hamper the new projects across India.
We have hopes that with merger of Patel Engineering and Patel Realty, the remaining quality aspects and incomplete items will be better taken care keeping up the reputation of parent company.
In the interest of propriety and as a gesture of goodwill, this is the last grievance escalation to Patel engineering management with the faith that our voice will be heard. With our initial grievance escalation handed over to Mr. Daga on 11th July 2015, and with registered letters to Patel Engineering senior management we found prompt actions taken and expect the same this time too.
In the present situation, Smondo 3 owners would like to reiterate that we cannot take any handover of maintenance until the full resolutions of grievances including completion of snag list items in Smondo-3 Residential Towers and Common Amenities are completed with satisfaction.
Wherefore, you are hereby called upon to make a spot inspection of Smondo 3 within the next 15 (Fifteen) days of the receipt of this letter and finish all pending construction, repair and maintenance work within 30th Nov 2017 or earliest.
Any continuing failure on your part to fulfil the obligations beyond the said deadlines shall be construed as an act of wilful negligence and callousness, at which point we will be forced to take other measures to safeguard our interest. We trust that in the interest of salvaging whatever goodwill is left, you will not let matters come to that.
Last but not the least, as per the Sale Agreement, you were obligated to pay penalties to us in the event of there being delays in handing over possession of the apartments sold to us. Till date you have not taken any steps to remit the payment of penalties.
Please signify your assent to the aforesaid terms to amicably resolving the matter by signing in the designated spot mentioned below along with your seal and designation.
[Letter marked individually to Mr. Pravin Patel, Mr. Rupen Patel, Mr. Ravi Kumar, Mr. Amol Warke and Mr. Aditya]
- Annexure A: List of pending items
- Annexure B: Sample photographs of present status of Smondo 3
- Annexure C: Scanned copies of signatures of Smondo 3 apartment owners
AGREED TO AND ACCEPTED THE TERMS OF THE SETTLEMENT OFFER.
Today: Joji is counting on you
Joji George needs your help with “Patel Realty”. Join Joji and 316 supporters today.