Demands to end Sexual Harassment Culture at Goldsmiths
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
- We demand that the university launches an independent inquiry into sexual harassment on campus. This should take into account the complex nature of sexual harassment, which cannot be fixed through the removal of staff alone.
- We believe that “Goldsmiths compensation payments showed staff sexual misconduct was a systemic issue.” (Guardian 2017)
- We demand that “Goldsmiths should instigate a comprehensive investigation to assess and understand its institutional culture, and how this has sustained various forms of sexual misconduct, including sexual violence and gender-based violence. This investigation should involve all levels of the university including senior management, academic, professional and administrative staff, students and the student union. We estimate it would require at least a year to undertake. A public report should be provided along with a comprehensive action plan for change.” (Guardian 2017)
CONSENT AND ACCOUNTABILITY TRAINING
- We demand that a portion of the £192,146, paid out to victims, is reinvested into consent and accountability training services and is mandatory for all students and staff members.
- We demand that a portion of this money is also directed towards providing victim/survivor support services.
- In recognition of previous failed attempts to establish consent training, we demand that the university, not the SU, fronts all these costs.
10 POINT PLAN
- We demand the post to review sexual harassment at Goldsmiths, which is currently a one-year contract, should be made a permanent position
- We demand quarterly student meetings with this member of staff
Today: Yusuf is counting on you
Yusuf Siddiqui needs your help with “Pat Loughrey : Demands to end Sexual Harassment Culture at Goldsmiths”. Join Yusuf and 246 supporters today.