Safe road crossing for local residents, students, school children and their parents
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
There is no safe way to cross the busy Victoria Road in proximity of the two bus stops near Pemberton Street, Grandview Street and Collett Park.
There is in fact no safe crossing within 300 m either side of the two bus shelters. Yet there are:
- Five major bus routes servicing these stops.
- The Western Sydney University Village campus.
- Newly built high-density residential blocks along the river banks.
- Collett village shops.
- Parramatta East Public School.
People take in their own hands to cross Victoria Road amidst the busy traffic, sometimes having to stop on a dangerously small island separating both sides of the road... sometimes with prams or kids in their arms.
We ask that a safe way to cross Victoria Road be put in place near Pemberton Street and Grandview Street for the safety of:
- Local residents using Sydney buses or accessing Collett village shops and park.
- Students occupying the Western Sydney University Village.
- Parents and their children going to Parramatta East Public School or catching a bus.
Today: Vincent is counting on you
Vincent Villatte needs your help with “.@Parramatta City Council: Safe road crossing for residents.”. Join Vincent and 792 supporters today.