Stop Public Tertiary Universities Closing Because of Wage Related Strikes!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
As you are aware, Chancellor College has been closed indefinitely as a result of a strike due to the workers dissatisfaction with their income. Unfortunately, this is not the first time this has happened and this has not only happened at Chancellor College.
The aim of this petition is to change the status quo of governance in public tertiary institutions to prevent these learning centres. We demand that:
- Public tertiary institutions and the Ministry have complete financial transparency to increase trust between these institutions and stakeholders (including workers in universities and colleges) If not complete transparency then enough information to understand how these institutions use their resources.
- Legislation be put in place allow conflicts between workers of Universities and Colleges to be solved in reasonable time to prevent strikes.
- That all political parties (in opposition and government) commit to keeping universities open for the foreseeable future.
- That the parliamentary committee of education find a solution to the constant conflicts closing public universities and colleges and put to account the of education minister on why Chancellor College is still closed.
- Legislation to put 2-5 members of the Parliamentary Committee of Education in all Councils of Public Universities (to increase accountability).
- Ministry of Education to act on Chancellor College closure so that it is opened it before the 28th of June.
Today: Chancellor College Students Union is counting on you
Chancellor College Students Union needs your help with “Parliamentary Committee of Education : Stop Public Tertiary Universities Closing Because of Wage Related Strikes!”. Join Chancellor College Students Union and 237 supporters today.