Help end the genocide against the Rohingya People
This petition had 280 supporters
We, the undersigned students of University of Toronto and community draw attention to the House of Commons that there is a genocide taking place in Myanmar against the Rohingya people and it is crucial that we help prevent the atrocities, deliver aid to the Rohingyas, and hold firm to the human rights through taking an active stance.
Therefore, we request the parliament to:
- Declare the burning of Rohingya villages in Rakhine State, systematic rape as a weapon of war, and the extrajudicial killing of innocent civilians as “Genocide”;
- Assist Relief Aid Organizations and the Bangladeshi government in airlifting tents, medicine and food supplies on an urgent and regular basis by providing at least 5 transport helicopters that can move these supplies from the airports to remote areas that are not served by any transportation infrastructure;
- Call upon the federal government and representatives to lobby with the international communities and our like-minded allies to create ‘safe zones’ inside Myanmar with a mandate to defend and protect civilians so that Rohingya people can return to their homes;
- Call upon the federal government to lobby with the international communities and our like-minded allies to impose full sanctions on Myanmar except for food and medicine until Rohingya people’s basic human rights are ensured and their right to citizenship is restored
- Create a system by which Rohingya can document their losses in life and property for purposes of future investigation and restitution.
Today: Ahmed is counting on you
Ahmed Khan needs your help with “parliament : Help end the genocide against the Rohingya People”. Join Ahmed and 279 supporters today.