Emaar has deviated from the designs and concepts that were originally envisioned for the “Central Park” in Mivida. Rather than having single-storey restaurants and terraces around the Lake District, Emaar is building a “box park” out of containers stacked on top of each other thus obscuring the views of the surrounding apartment buildings.
In addition, rather than the open spaces of the Central Park concept that were interspersed with a few sports courts and low-lying buildings, Emaar is now going for a fully fledged sports club with densely packed courts surrounded by a wall.
We, owners of the Crescent apartments and neighbouring districts, urge Emaar to:
- Cancel the box park and revert to the original elegant design.
- Cancel the sports club and go back to the Central Park concept.
- Remove the walls encircling the Central Park and Lake District to open up the views for as many units as possible.
- Restrict access to the Central Park and the Lake District to Mivida’s residents only.
- Open access gates to the ground floor apartments’ gardens at Emaar’s expense to facilitate garden maintenance.