Deny the ISSAC Charter School Application
This petition had 557 supporters
Join us in urging the Orange County Board of Education (OCBE) to deny the flawed ISSAC proposed charter school. The Newport Mesa Unified School District (NMUSD) Board of Trustees has denied its application deeming it academically deficient and fiscally unsound.
ISSAC has appealed the findings of the NMUSD to the OCBE. Please ensure that only great schools educate the 22,000 students in our district, and contact the OCBE today! Their final decision will be on March 6th. Sign the petition now!
Why does ISSAC put our students at risk?
The Orange County Department of Education’s own staff of charter experts determined the following:
• Unlikely to successfully implement the program due to unrealistic budget projections & deficiencies in the proposed English Learner program.
• Does not contain reasonably comprehensive descriptions of required elements of the California Education Code
The Newport Mesa Unified School District determined the following:
• The educational proposal is fundamentally unsound and unfit for our students.
• The budget assumptions are not sound and put the school district at risk.
• There is no demonstrated program for special needs students.
• This is a repackaged application from another proposed charter school that failed in 3 attempts to locate in another school district.
• Parent interest for this school is virtually absent.
Newport Mesa parents insist on an outstanding education for our students and the ISSAC application must be denied because it does not meet the standards of our school communities.
Sign the petition now! ISSAC is not the right school for our community.
Today: Libby is counting on you
Libby Frolichman needs your help with “Orange County Board of Education: Deny the ISSAC Charter School Application”. Join Libby and 556 supporters today.