Mission: To revoke the license registered to Claws ‘n’ Paws Wild Animal Park.
1. Claws 'n' Paws has repeatedly been cited for failure to meet the standards set by the Animal Welfare Act (AWA).
2. From August 10, 2004, to the present, Claws 'n' Paws has been cited for 52 violations of the AWA.
3. One of the warning violations, from 2009, was for the escape of two coyotes.
4. One direct violation, meaning the animal's life is at stake, from 2011, was for lack of veterinary care.
5. For the year and a half that One World Conservation has been observing the facility, there have been 14 citations.
6. In a seven year period, there have been a total of 12 citations for failure to provide adequate vet care.
7. Many citations are repeats that have failed to be addressed.
8. In 2011, the facility failed to provide a male tiger cub with veterinary care and failed to give the cub inoculations, as required by law, both for his own safety and that of the public.
Documents obtained via the Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) from the USDA indicated the following citations, starting August 10, 2004, to the present:
1. Primary Enclosure: 3
2. Facilities General: 12
3. Facilities Outdoors: 7
4. Veterinary: 12
5. Records: 2
6. Sanitation: 4
7. Feeding: 5
8. Handling of Animals: 2
9. Enhancement for Physiological Well Being: 2
10. Procurement of Animals: 1
11. Space Requirements: 2