Add bar patio eligibility to Douglas County Dog Friendly Patio Variance
This petition had 280 supporters
A new health code variance was issued August 2015 that states restaurants and cafes can apply for a permit to allow dogs on patios in Douglas County, Omaha.
However, bar patios are not included in this variance. With a valid suggestion to the health department on why bars should be included, we will likely be able to add bar patios to the variance. However, we need your support and reasoning to back this proposition.
Valid reasoning for dogs on patios:
- Dogs are important life-companions and are often a catalyst to positive social interactions.
- Drives consumerism and allows businesses access to an untapped customer base.
- Creates an attractive, urban environment for residents and potential residents.
- Outdoor patios represent an environment where vaccinated dogs do not pose health or sanitary concerns.
- Promotes health benefits include exercise of walking to local establishments with dogs.
- Pigeons, rodents, crows, etc already frequent patios, and this is not a health issue.
- Many dogs are less obnoxious than patio patrons in Omaha.
Please sign this petition if you want dogs to be allowed on bar patios in Omaha.
Today: Jeannie is counting on you
Jeannie Holmes needs your help with “Omaha.dog: Add bar patio eligibility to Douglas County Dog Friendly Patio Variance”. Join Jeannie and 279 supporters today.