Say No to Armacell Warehouse Expansion
0 have signed. Let’s get to 500!
The Armacell Warehouse is in the process of expanding its building and now wants to open a new entrance on Prospect Road.
The planning application (MMA/340527/17) can be viewed here:
I am totally against the proposal as it will seriously affect the quality of our lives. We were born in this area and want to continue living here. Although I am not against proposals that will benefit the local economy, I am against plans that will affect the safety of residents and their quality of life.
I would like Armacell to rethink its proposals and redirect staff traffic through their existing entrance.
Please support this petition and urge the decision makers at Oldham Council to refuse planning permission.
I am against the proposals because of the following:
1. Residents are already worried about the safety of their children and the new proposal will increase the traffic in what is already a narrow road.
2. Our children do not play on the streets like normal children. We keep them indoors because we are sacred that the HGV trucks coming in and out of the area may not see them.
3. The roads near the warehouse already have many pot holes that cause unwanted damage to our cars.
4. The company trucks disrupt our daily lives because the the local streets (Mars Street, Prospect Road and Neville Street) are too narrow for the trucks to freely manoeuvre and they often block the streets until residents come out of their homes to move their parked cars. The trucks have damaged many cars in the past.
5. The new proposal will drive local house prices down because this pleasant and quiet area will become very busy and noisy.
Please help us stop this expansion.
It was time these large companies put the interests of local residents first.
Today: KAMAL is counting on you
KAMAL KHAN needs your help with “Oldham Council Planning Department: No to further expansion of Armacell Warehouse”. Join KAMAL and 307 supporters today.