Petition Closed
Petitioning Ohio State Senate and 1 other

Ammend ORC 2919.23

When a Parent moves and does not give notice to the noncustodial parent , The courts in the state of Ohio will not hear your case without an address to serve the other party. Even if you have a court order that clearly states a visitation schedule, if you do not know where your child has moved to with the custodial parent the courts will not hear your case. the Clerk of courts will not even accept your filing. Your documents become worthless and unenforceable until the custodial parent resurfaces and sometimes many years later. This law needs to change. Years are lost and lives destroyed due to this huge gap in the legal system that has been grossly exploited by countless Custodial Parents looking to interfere with the custody and visitation of the non custodial Parent.

This petition was delivered to:

    Rebecca Pena started this petition with a single signature, and now has 63 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.

    Today: Rebecca is counting on you

    Rebecca Pena needs your help with “Ohio Senate 130th General Assembly: Ammend ORC 2919.23”. Join Rebecca and 62 supporters today.