Add These Unsolved Cases to the Ohio State Database of Unsolved Homicides
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
In 2012, the Ohio Attorney General's office created an online database to collect information from the public regarding Ohio's 5000+ unsolved homicides. The goal of the public database was to bring widespread visibility to the cases, increase the likelihood of new tips, and help jurisdictions compare details of unsolved homicides.
The database can currently be found at: http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/Law-Enforcement/Police-Officer/Cold-Case/
Unfortunately, many jurisdictions failed to take part in this effort and failed to add their cold cases to this database. By 2014, less than half of the homicides had been entered, leaving thousands of victims nearly forgotten.
We think that many of these heartbreaking murders need to be added to this database, in particular:
1) Beverly Jarosz, age 16, murdered by an unknown assailant on 12-28-64
2) Sandra K. Young, age 20, murdered by an unknown assailant on 9-9-63
3) Cynthia M. Johnson, age 16, murdered by an unknown assailant on 10-30-77
4) Thomas Sumerix, age 15, murdered by an unknown assailant on 6-5-63
5) Ruth Ann Guthrie, age 12, murdered by an unknown assailant on 6-2-63
6) Marion Joyce Brubaker, age 12, murdered by an unknown assailant on 8-27-62
Today: Laurie is counting on you
Laurie Juedes needs your help with “Ohio Attorney General Mike DeWine: Add These Unsolved Cases to the Ohio State Database of Unsolved Homicides”. Join Laurie and 78 supporters today.