Make South O more pedestrian and bike friendly before it's too late
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Our beautiful neighborhood of South Oceanside is full of families with kids. We're a young, active community, and we love walking around the neighborhood.
But, walking and cycling around the neighborhood - especially the Coast Highway area - is dangerous and stressful. Sidewalks are narrow, cars drive at high speeds, and the street is blighted with auto shops rather than family-friendly businesses.
The City is conducting the Coast Highway Corridor Study with the goal of finding solutions to transform the Coast Highway from an auto-oriented thoroughfare into a "complete street" that serves all modes of transportation, including pedestrians and cyclists, with a focus on safety and comfort.
Making these changes will make the neighborhood safer when we walk or ride around with our kids, and increase our property values.
The Residents of South Oceanside want:
- Improvements in pedestrian and bicycle infrastructure with a focus on safety and comfort
- Modifications to the roadway with improvements such as roundabouts to improve traffic flow
- Improvements to parking access to businesses along the corridor
- Economic growth through improvements in the public streetscape
- An increase in residential property values
Sign our petition now to encourage the Oceanside City Council to include South Oceanside in the Coast Highway Corridor Study.
Today: Simon is counting on you
Simon Hunter needs your help with “Oceanside City Council: Make South O more pedestrian and bike friendly before it's too late”. Join Simon and 194 supporters today.