- Rebecca KaplanCouncilmember At-Large
- Lynette Gison McElhaneyCouncil District 3
- Dan KalbCouncil District 1
- Patricia KernighanCouncil District 2
- Libby SchaafCouncil District 4
- Noel GalloCouncil District 5
- Desley BrooksCouncil District 6
- Larry ReidCouncil District 7
- Anne Campbell WashingtonChief of Staff for Jean Quan
Oakland City Council: Ban smoking around the perimeter of Lake Merritt.
At present, people are allowed to smoke all around the perimeter of Lake Merritt, as long as they are 25 feet away from a building. Bay Area residents of all ages visit the lake for fun and fitness. This experience is often marred by the presence of second-hand smoke which can be especially harmful for children, the elderly, and people with respiratory conditions. Let’s make Lake Merritt safe for all visitors by introducing a ban on smoking around the perimeter of the lake.
- Councilmember At-Large
- Council District 3
Lynette Gison McElhaney
- Council District 1
- Council District 2
- Council District 4
- Council District 5
- Council District 6
- Council District 7
- Chief of Staff for Jean Quan
Anne Campbell Washington
Please help improve Oakland by creating a local ordinance to ban smoking around the perimeter of Lake Merritt. Oakland residents and visitors deserve a clean-air oasis when they visit the lake for fitness and recreation.
Jeane Kim started this petition with a single signature, and now has 349 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.