We, the undersigned, oppose the closure of the NYC Dept. of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) Tremont and Corona Immunization Clinics at a time when uninsured and under-insured children need immunization services more than ever.
As of August 21, 2013, the Fort Greene Immunization Clinic will be the only DOHMH clinic in New York City offering free and low-cost immunizations. The Fort Greene Immunization Clinic will only be open during the workweek, Monday through Friday, for only 4 hours a day.
We oppose DOHMH's decision to:
* Abandon an essential service that is part of their core public health mission
* Cut free and low-cost immunization services during the August back-to-school rush when most parents get their children vaccinated
* Reduce public access to vaccines after consecutive years of new influenza virus outbreaks
* Limit Fort Greene Immunization Clinic hours to only 8:30 am - 12 noon, Monday-Friday
* Withhold this information from the public and the Department of Education.
District Council 37 and CPHS - Commission on the Public's Health System started this petition with a single signature, and now has 4,979 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.