Help stop the RMS from taking away our parking on Old South Head Rd.
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
RMS NSW intend extending the times of the clearway on Old South Head rd between Flood St and Bellevue Rd.
The residents, property owners, business owners and customers of local business of the surrounding area that will be affected by extended clearway times on Old South Head rd call on the RMS to halt all work on this project for at least 60 days in order to engage in proper community consultation to allow the impact to resident to be properly and fairly assessed.
The local area will be affected by:
- Residents of the local area wont have any place for their visitors to park, that means no Saturday or Sunday afternoon visits or weekday day time visits
- No place to stop to drop off guests or visitors visiting local residents
- No parking for deliveries or tradesmen
- No parking for local business customers, no stopping to pick up a coffee or a bite to eat
- Increased congestion in local streets as people try to find parking in the area
- Continuing the trend of RMS taking away parking and usable amenity from the local area
- The RMS will remove approx 80 meters of valuable parking and replace it with no extra parking in the area
- This strip of rd does not impact traffic flows in the proposed extended hours however this change will greatly affect the local community
We request that the RMS please share with the community any comprehensive research or data that is available that can show that the strip of road in question is in fact a cause of bottle neck or traffic and that extended clearway times are necessary to alleviate any such traffic. We don't feel there is any traffic flow concern in the extended hours that are proposed and so we are asking to see what data the RMS has used to earmark this strip of rd for extended clearways as it will negatively impact the local residents, business owners and local community.
The RMS has not conducted any effective traffic survey or analysis nor has it sought any community consultation when making this decision. It has not considered the impact the decision will have on local business owners and their customers, property owners or residents in the affected area
Over 150 people have already signed a paper version of this petition!!
We urge all residents in the local area that will be affected by this change to help in the following way
- Sign this petition that will be presented to NSW RMS - lets show the RMS that the local resident oppose this change
- Write to the RMS and explain how this change will impact you - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Write or email your local member The Hon. Gabrielle Upton, MP
330 New South Head Road
DOUBLE BAY NSW 2028
P (02) 9326 1856
F (02) 9328 1132
- Share the link to this campaign on social media and let others know how unfairly the RMS treat residents and tax payers of the state of NSW - the actions of the RMS are likley to be repeated in other areas and other roads and it may impact your friends one day as well
- Join the local community group that is opposing this change by being in touch with email@example.com to discuss how what else can be done.
Thanks very much and we look forward to the community coming together to send a strong message to the RMS
Today: Michael Berk plus others from is counting on you
Michael Berk plus others from the local community needs your help with “NSW Transport RMS: Help stop the RMS from taking away our parking on Old South Head Rd.”. Join Michael Berk plus others from and 125 supporters today.