Save lives and travel time by upgrading Alstonville, Wollongbar and Ballina road exits
0 have signed. Let’s get to 2,500!
1. Roundabout upgrade at Wollongbar turn off
2. Roundabout upgrade at Alstonville turn off
3. Upgrade of Wardell Road overpass to an interchange
4. Competition of Unfinished North Ballina Exit
It would be great to have unanimous support for upgrades - a state government issue I presume. It is not a huge cost to rectify what I see as design flaws to our Bruxner Highway and also North Ballina interchange.
There are huge economic benefits:
1. north Ballina exit ramps would provide easy access to Ballina Heights, Airport and Industrial estate. Without having to drive all the way through the town.
2. Wardell road overpass at Alstonville exit ramps would provide easy access to one of Ballina Shires best tourist facilities, Summerland House farm
3. There would be lives saved and less daily danger if we could upgrade these to at least roundabouts. Will require proper interchanges in the long term (Wollongbar off, Alstonville turn off)
I think each of these would have general support and the benefits would far outweigh the costs.
I live off of Teven Road and have to navigate the Alstonville turn off daily and while I am careful, it is a difficult turn off that requires 100% focus to be safe and I see potential accidents there almost every second day.
Today: Matt is counting on you
Matt Tanttari needs your help with “NSW State Government: Save lives and travel time by upgrading Alstonville, Wollongbar and Ballina road exits”. Join Matt and 1,739 supporters today.