- Mr Christopher Gulaptis, MPMember of the Legislative Assembly
- Hon. Barry O'Farrell, MPPremier, and Minister for Western Sydney
- Chris Hartcher MPMinister for Resources and Energy
- Thomas GeorgeDeputy Speaker Lismore MP
NSW Government: Stop Coal Seam Gas Drilling on the North Coast of New South Wales!
The CSG industry is being allowed to storm through sensitive farming areas of New South Wales without adequate protection of the environment, or respect for the rights of farmers using those lands.
Coal seam gas is not a good transitional fuel as leakages of methane mean it is no less polluting than coal, and in fact causes more environmental impact because of the potential damage to our groundwater.
The extraction involved drawing huge amounts of water out of the coal seam, which was contaminated with salts as well as toxic and radioactive chemicals.
There is not yet any safe way of disposing of this enormous volume of water without contaminating our precious land and resources.
CSG mining also risks a range of direct and indirect health impacts including cancer and heart, kidney, lung and neurological problems.
- Member of the Legislative Assembly
Mr Christopher Gulaptis, MP
- Premier, and Minister for Western Sydney
Hon. Barry O'Farrell, MP
- Minister for Resources and Energy
Chris Hartcher MP
- Deputy Speaker Lismore MP
Stop Coal Seam Gas drilling on the North Coast of New South Wales!
Raymond Franklin started this petition with a single signature, and now has 328 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.