Remove Fluoride from Soddy Daisy & surrounding areas from NW Utility District Water
North West Utility District of Hamilton County, Tennessee provides water service to 7,500 customers in the Soddy Daisy, Falling Water, Mowbray Mountain, and Sale Creek communities.
In March 2014, the world’s oldest and most prestigious medical journal, The Lancet, officially classified fluoride as a Neurotoxin, in the same category as arsenic, lead and mercury.
The report coincides with 2013 findings by a Harvard University meta-analysis funded by the National Institutes of Health that concluded that children in areas with highly fluoridated water have “significantly lower” IQ scores that those who live in areas with low amounts of fluoride in their water supplies.
On January 13, 2016, the FDA issued a Warning Letter to a pharmaceutical company (Kirkman Industries, Inc.), ordering the company to "discontinue marketing all of the unapproved prescription drugs manufactured at [the] facility immediately.” The unapproved prescription drugs that FDA identified were fluoride "supplements." Tennessee advocates helped make this happen. Fluoride was never approved by the FDA for ingestion. It was "grandfathered in" since FDA testing regulations were not set forth at the time water supplies began adding fluoride.
I personally have had a water processor in my home for years to filter out the fluoride because there is too much to risk. Not everyone can afford such a system and we should Not have to. Did you know also that the fluoride content actually becomes more concentrated when it's heated or boiled, or canned?
Facts About Fluoridated Water from 10 Facts About Fluoridation Everyone Should Know
1. Bottle-fed infants receive the highest doses of fluoride as they rely solely on liquids for food, combined with their small size. A baby being fed formula receives approximately 175 times more fluoride than a breast-fed infant.
2. There is not a single process in your body that requires fluoride
3. A multi-million dollar U.S. National Institutes of Health (NIH) -funded study found no relation between tooth decay and the amount of fluoride ingested by children
4. Water fluoridation cannot prevent the oral health crises that results from inadequate nutrition and lack of dental care
5. Water fluoridation is a violation of your individual right to informed consent to medication
6. Forty-one percent of all American children aged 12-15 are now impacted by dental fluorosis, rising to more than sixty percent of children in fluoridated communities
7. The chemicals used to fluoridate water supplies are largely hazardous and highly toxic by-products of the fertilizer industry and have never been required to undergo randomized clinical trials for safety or effectiveness by any regulatory agency in the world
8. The U.S. FDA classifies ingested fluoride for purposes of reducing tooth decay as an “unapproved drug”
9. Ingesting fluoride has been found to damage soft tissues (brain, kidneys, and endocrine system), as well as teeth (dental fluorosis) and bones (skeletal fluorosis). There are also 24 studies demonstrating a strong relationship between fairly modest exposure to fluoride and reduced IQ in children.
10. Fluoridation discriminates against those with low incomes. People on low incomes are least able to afford avoidance measures, such as reverse osmosis filters or bottled water.
Fluoride has also been linked to the following according to the link embedded below:
Increases lead absorption
DementiaGenetic damage and cell death
Disrupts synthesis of collagen
Bone fractures Increases tumor and cancer rate
Hyperactivity and/or lethargy
Lowers thyroid function
Disrupts immune system
Bone cancer (osteosarcoma)
Damages sperm and increases infertility
Brain damage and lowered IQ Inactivates 62 enzymes
Impairs sleep by impairing melatonin production by your pineal gland Arthritis
Inhibits formation of antibodies
The FDA, the World Health Organization, the CDC and the ADA (see bottom link), and multiple publications of medical journals support the evidence of the dangers of fluoride to our health.
Please help us Support Northwest Utility Districts measure to remove this neurotoxin from our water supply. Sign the petition and pass it on. The petition will be submitted to Northwest Utility District.
- David Collett, General Manager
Northwest Utility District
You are to be commended for questioning the Fluoridation Policy and your responsibility to the people of Soddy Daisy. I would like to personally thank you for this. The NWUD Board members will discuss, and I assume vote, whether to continue this policy or not on 7/19/16 in a public forum meeting.
Please receive and review our petition and use it in consideration of this very important issue at hand.
Today: Amy is counting on you
Amy Skiles needs your help with “Northwest Utility District: Remove Fluoride from Soddy Daisy & surrounding areas from NW Utility District Water”. Join Amy and 115 supporters today.