Northland Needham Street Development - Opportunity to Be Heard!
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Citizens of Newton (and Needham), voice your concerns regarding the Northland Needham Street Development project!
This petition allows the Newton Zoning and Planning Committee and Land Use Committee to hear directly from the citizens of Upper Falls and other concerned Villages in the City of Newton as well as the neighboring Town of Needham - those who would be most directly impacted by this project.
Proponents tout the many benefits of this project in terms improved aesthetics, better use of the current lot, and an increased tax base/revenue. These benefits are generally agreed upon and positive.
There is also a strong belief by many local citizens that the infrastructure of the area (Needham Street and surrounding) barely meet the needs of today, let alone satisfactorily meet the demands of a Development in the scale that is currently proposed - including, but not limited to:
- # of residential units proposed (up to 950)
- Demands on already over-crowded schools
- Demands on traffic and transportation
- Increased population density of the surrounding areas
While there have been meetings allowing for community input back in late 2016, these opportunities have been few and far in between as of late.
The purpose of this petition is 2 fold:
- Allow those concerned about the scale of this project to voice their concerns in the form of a signature and petition - brought to the attention of the Zoning and Planning Committee & Land Use Committee in an efficient and organized forum
- To impress upon the Zoning and Planning Committee & Land Use Committee the desire to allow for more community involvement in the form of meetings and dialog before any final decisions are made on approvals on the details of the project plans.
Get involved before it's too late. Or we'll have one one to blame but ourselves!
Today: Matt is counting on you
Matt Lai needs your help with “Northland Needham Street Development - Opportunity to Be Heard”. Join Matt and 147 supporters today.