Implementing Recommendations Royal Commission Protection & Detention of Children in the NT
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
Implement the Recommendations-Royal Commission & Board of Inquiry into the Protection & Detention of Children in the Northern Territory, including:
- Closing Don Dale Youth Detention Centre and High Security Unit
- Raising the age of criminal responsibility to 12 & only allowing children under 14 years to be detained for serious crimes.
- Developing a 10 year Generational Strategy for Families & Children to address child protection & prevention of harm to children
- Establishing network of Family Support Centres to provide place-based services to families across the NT
- Increasing diversion & therapeutic approaches for youth
- Developing a new model of bail and secure detention accommodation
- Engaging with and involving Aboriginal Organisations in child protection, youth justice & detention
Today: Kat is counting on you
Kat Darbyshir needs your help with “Northern Terriotry Chief minister Michael Gunner: Implementing Recommendations Royal Commission Protection & Detention of Children in the NT”. Join Kat and 33 supporters today.