Say "No" to the 3 Hour Time Limit on Street Parking in Cannon Beach
0 have signed. Let’s get to 200!
Currently anyone can park for free all day on the street in Cannon Beach.
However, this Summer (2017) the City of Cannon Beach City Council plans to "test" a 3 hour time limit for street parking in front of Sandpiper Square. They plan to hire two police officers who will be dedicated to patrolling the three blocks of street parking in order to hand out parking tickets to those violating the 3 hour time limit.
No specific goals of the test have been provided to the public. Nor any metrics that outline how the city will measure success on this "test".
We, in the community, are concerned that limiting parking for visitors to 3 hours will
- Negatively impact the relaxing atmosphere of our town
- Not allow visitors enough time to enjoy the beach, enjoy the restaurants, and browse through the local shops
- Create undo stress on visitors who want to take their time at the beach
- Increase traffic congestion when cars need to be moved
- Negatively impact sales for local small businesses
If you enjoy taking your time while visiting Cannon Beach, don't want to feel rushed when trying to relax, and enjoy being away from big city nonsense like time limited parking... then please join us by signing this petition.
Today: Jeremy is counting on you
Jeremy Clifford needs your help with “No To '3 Hour Parking Limit' in Cannon Beach, OR”. Join Jeremy and 173 supporters today.