Fire Commissioner Roger Goodell
This petition had 487 supporters
For years now, NFL players have questioned his sincerity on issues like concussions, player safety, discipline and drug testing. With the Rice scandal, the full football viewing public will likely now view Goodell through the same skeptical lens.
Commissioner Goodell, must resign.
If he will not do so, NFL owners must fire him, and fire senior vice president Birch, and chief counsel Pasch. Pasch, of all people, should’ve known better than to put the victim on trial and acquit without evidence,
Mr. Goodell’s ineptitude has not merely rendered this football season meaningless and irrelevant by contrast, it has not only reduced supporting or watching football to a distasteful, even a disrespectful act, but most importantly it has comforted the violent and afflicted the victim.
5 reasons why Roger Goodell must resign:
5. Lax Consequences for Violence Against Women: Goodell issued harsh suspensions for players using drugs or PEDs but failed to also make severe consequences for issues involving hitting women. Goodell initially issued just a two-game suspension for Ray Rice.
4. Not Enough Proper Investigating: The NFL is a multi-billion dollar business and they failed to secure survelliance video to properly investigate the Ray Rice investigation.
3. Failure to Issue Public Apology For Initial Mistake: A ton of critiscism came from all across the sports world since Goodell only issued a two-game suspension for the Rice incident when it first surfaced. He should have just gotten all the facts and issued something more severe but dropped the ball big time.
2. Failure to Revise Rules Around Suspensions: Roger Goodell wasted more time and energy passing the decision to expand the field goal posts than updating the policy around PED use and domestic violence.
1. Indefinite Suspension Should Have Been Lifetime Ban: Rice is suspensed indefinitely from the NFL and no team is allowed to contact him. This shouldn't have been the case as Goodell should have taken a page out of Adam Silver's playbook and flat out banned Rice from the NFL.
Why didn't the NFL during the offseason review their rules around suspensions and violations for the 2014 season? It's hard to believe that TMZ was able to secure the Rice video yet Goodell claims it was never available.
His position within the National Football League is no longer tenable.
Today: Matthew is counting on you
Matthew Kick needs your help with “NFL: Fire Commissioner Roger Goodell”. Join Matthew and 486 supporters today.