- News Corp.
- Rupert Murdoch21st Century Fox
Prevent Megyn Kelly From Hosting Any Further REPUBLICAN Debates.
Trump outsmarted Fox News. He will be holding an event to support our Wounded Warriors, rather than giving Fox News the ad revenue Trump typically generates for them. The event will be televised on CNN and we encourage you to NOT watch the Fox News debate and, instead, tune into CNN tonight at 7:00PM (Central) / 8:00PM (Eastern). If you are in the Des Moines, IA area, here are the event details:
Donald Trump Special Event for Veterans:
- Des Moines, IA - Jan 28, 2016
- Thursday, January 28, 2016 at 7:00 PM (CST) / Doors open at 5:00 P.M
- Drake University - Sheslow Auditorium - 2507 Carpenter Avenue Des Moines, IA 50311
- Tickets: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/donald-j-trump-special-event-for-veterans-des-moines-ia-tickets-21070010970
Even though Donald Trump won this one for us, you should continue to sign this petition and share it with others to stand behind Donald Trump and against the political entity posing as a News Organization (Fox "News").
Megyn Kelly characterizes the Presidential selection process as "fun", dismissing the millions of Americans that find it much more serious. We deserve better than Megyn Kelly. Below, please find a list of reasons we believe Megyn Kelly should be barred from all future debates:
- Megyn Kelly had a clear agenda: attack Donald Trump. Even if she “attacked equally”, we’re not looking for a hatchet-man; we’re looking for a moderator to thoroughly, and fairly, vet the Presidential candidates.
- With over 90 million Americans out of the labor force, they are more concerned with their future than whether or not someone engaged in name calling.
- She tenaciously covered (to the point of voyeuristic obsession) Mr. Trump's past rather than his vision for the future.
- Megyn Kelly's feeling, however valid, should come second to the interest of our Nation.
- She focused on candidates personally, rather than politically.
- Megyn Kelly failed to cover many things more relevant to a Presidential candidate. For example, Marco Rubio’s gang of eight bill, Jeb Bush’s fascination with common core and feckless immigration policy, Rand Paul’s specific position on constitutional issues, Ted Cruz's track record (Canada, immigration, questionable banking relationships etc.), Ben Carson's honest, calm and collected "outsider" approach (mixed with his questionable second amendment stance), etc.
Ultimately, neither she nor Fox News lived up the "fair and balanced" standard: were it not for closing statements, the American people may have viewed an entire debate without understanding a single issue for which the candidates stand.
While her disdain for Mr. Trump was evident, this petition is a call for truly fair and balanced coverage of all candidates. Therefore, and as evidenced by her clear bias and poor performance, Megyn Kelly should be barred from hosting or moderating all future Republican Presidential debates.
In addition to the significant amount of signatures, here is what some people have to say, in particular:
- MARK LEVIN: FOX NEWS, MEGYN KELLY ‘HOSTED A NATIONAL ENQUIRER DEBATE, NOT A REPUBLICAN DEBATE—OWE AMERICAN PEOPLE AN APOLOGY’
- “This was more of an inquisition than it was a debate. It was a missed opportunity to talk about things that really mattered.” - Sen. Lindsey Graham (R-SC)
- "I have done every step needed on this petition..it didn't take long at all and I feel good I didn't just sign, but followed through all steps. We the people can bring her down, but not if we don't follow through and complete all steps. I have been a troll for the first time on fb I've gone to Megyn's page and posted this on every post on her page, I've posted to trumps page, I posted on Hilary's page, I have posted on right wing page, I've shared on my wall, and I posted on fox page! Do all the steps if you truly want this witch hunt to stop." - Darla Germer
- "Megyn Kelly doesn't want women treated like sex objects-ha! http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/786421" - Kimber Lee
- "megyn kelly and fox news is to blame... I have been a loyal follower of fox news for many years.... in one night they stooped as low as cnn.. fair and balanced... they owe donald trump and the public an apology" - Nicholas Sommerfield
- News Corp.
- 21st Century Fox
Prevent Megyn Kelly From Hosting Any Further REPUBLICAN debates.
Teri Amici started this petition with a single signature, and now has 66,523 supporters. Start a petition today to change something you care about.