Revoke David Tipple's Firearms License
0 have signed. Let’s get to 1,000!
We petition the New Zealand Police to revoke David Tipple’s firearms license, and investigate how Mr. Tipple has been able to continue to hold a license despite a long history of criminal offending and disregard for rules and regulations related to harm minimisation.
Mr. Tipple currently owns and operates New Zealand's largest firearms business, Gun City, which markets itself as the "Worlds largest gun store".
The Arms Act 1983 indicates that Firearms Licenses shall be issued on application, when the member of the police (to whom the application is made), is satisfied that the applicant is a fit and proper person to be in possession of a Firearm or Airgun.
David has shown a disregard for numerous rules, in New Zealand and abroad which deal with public safety:
- In 1992, he shot at (above the heads of) people tampering with his vehicle
- In 1992, he shot and wounded three burglars trying to steal from his property
- In 2002, he attempted to remove firearms from the United States of America without proper authorisation (in his personal luggage).
- At the same time, he lied to officials about the contents of boxes when questioned.
- He was sentenced to 12 months in prison after flouting bail conditions requiring him to return to the United States to answer the related charges
- While serving this sentence, he was subsequently charged with using fraudulent identification to buy over three hundred firearms.
- Mr. Tipple has been convicted for driving at dangerous speed in 1982; driving in a dangerous manner in 1980; driving in a dangerous manner and failing to stop for police in 1989; and in 2008 driving recklessly and failing to stop for police.
- He was also disqualified from driving for nine months in 2016 after being caught driving at 177km/h (nearly twice the legal limit for New Zealand roads).
Mr. Tipple clearly has little regard for rules or the safety of others.
For this reason, he has demonstrated on an ongoing basis that he is unfit to be in possession of, or deal firearms.
This petition calls on the New Zealand police to ensure the safety of the community, by ensuring that only fit and proper dealers are able to operate with New Zealand.
Today: J is counting on you
J B needs your help with “New Zealand Police: Revoke David Tipple's Firearms License”. Join J and 964 supporters today.