Save the Environment: Reduce Unnecessary Light Emission into the Sky
0 have signed. Let’s get to 100!
- There are many consequences to excessive light pollution including environmental and health effects.
- Light-emitting diode (LED) lights are a recent invention that contributes to light pollution by emitting blue light that is harmful to humans and animals.
- In fact, LED lights also cause long-lasting effects including the unnatural brightness of the sky and long-term health problems.
- Unfortunately, due to the light pollution in New York City, we do not get a chance to see and admire the beauty of stars.
- Lastly, it is important to understand the results of overusing and relying on LED lighting because even though it may not seem to affect us now, it can and will affect our future.
To help resolve the issue of light emission caused by LED streetlights in my community, a recommendation is to install shields that have a wider arc and a reasonable length. This will ensure that no light is flared up to the sky and also, make sure that the light is shined within a certain distance for the public's safety.
Today: Sharon is counting on you
Sharon Wong needs your help with “New York City of City Planning: Save the Environment: Reduce Unnecessary Light Emission into the Sky”. Join Sharon and 31 supporters today.